Premium Health is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Data Engineering & Analytics Lead to join our dynamic team and play a key role in transforming our data capabilities and supercharge our ability to leverage data driven insights to enhance patient care, optimize operations, and drive strategic decision making.
PremiumHealth located in Brooklyn is focused on providing compassionate, culturally sensitive, comprehensive health care, and behavioral health services to everyone in the community in need, regardless of ability to pay. Through our services, we aim to achieve community wellness for the individuals and families we serve. Premium Health prioritizes a collaborative care approach and utilizes evidence-based treatment, thus achieving improved patient care and superior outcomes.
Our goal is to ensure the culture of the office and each patient interaction meets our Standards of CARE: Compassion, Agility,Respect, and Excellence.
The Data Engineering & Analytics Lead will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and maintenance of our data infrastructure and analytics solutions and will collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive the strategic use of data across our organization.If you are passionate about leveraging data to drive meaningful insights and have a proven track record in data engineering, analytics, and leadership we invite you to join us on this exciting journey.
· Collaborate with the CIO and Director of Technology to develop a data vision that aligns with the organization's goals. Set department objectives and execute the data roadmap.
· Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of a scalable, reliable, and high-performing data infrastructure, including an enterprise data platform.
· Develop and implement efficient and scalable data pipelines, ETL processes, and integration workflows, to efficiently collect, store, transform, and normalize data.
· Design and build scalable data warehouses, data lakes, and analytics platforms to support business intelligence, reporting, and advanced analytics needs.
· Lead the development and implementation of data governance and data quality processes to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and security.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to understand data and analytics requirements, design effective data models and architectures that delivers reliable data for reporting needs
· Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to define data and analytics requirements and derive actionable insights for strategic decision making.
· Develop and implement performance metrics, dashboards, and automation systems supporting key business decisions, including organizational KPIs.
· Collaborate with IT teams and other stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of data solutions with existing systems and applications.
· Manage a team of data engineers and analysts, providing technical guidance, mentorship, and performance feedback.
· Define and implement best practices, standards, and processes for data engineering and analytics across the organization.
· Foster data literacy and cultivate analytics expertise across the organization to promote data-driven culture and enhance capabilities.
· Communicate insights and recommendations effectively to executive stakeholders, translating findings into actionable business terms.
· Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in data engineering, analytics, and healthcare technology. Identify and evaluate emerging technologies and tools to drive innovation and enhance operational efficiency.
· 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
· Exempt from over-time
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field. Master's degree preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in data engineering, data architecture, or related roles, preferably in the healthcare industry.
· Strong knowledge of data engineering principles, data integration, ETL processes, and semantic mapping techniques and best practices
· Experience in implementing data quality management processes, data governance, cataloging, and master data management principles.
· Familiarity with health information management principles, healthcare data standards (e.g., HL7, FHIR, etc), and regulations(e.g., HIPAA), is a plus
· Proficiency in SQL and experience with data modeling, database design, and optimization.
· Proficiency in semantic mapping techniques to harmonize and integrate data from disparate systems into a common language or format.
· Experience with cloud-based data platforms and technologies, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
· Hands-on experience with data warehousing, data lakes, and analytics platforms (e.g., Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery).
· Familiarity with data security principles and practices
· Experience with data visualization tools (e.g.,Tableau, Power BI) and statistical analysis tools (e.g., R, Python).
· Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to guide and mentor a team of data engineers and analysts.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
· Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities.
· Results oriented and self-starter who takes the initiative in solving problems and can self-manage commitments and deadlines.
· Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision plans, Retirement plans
· Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)