Premium Health is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Electronic Health Records (EHR) implementation specialist to join our healthcare organization.
Premium Health, located in the heart of Brooklyn, is committed to providing compassionate, culturally sensitive, comprehensive health care, and behavioral health services to everyone in the community in need, regardless of ability to pay. Through our services, we aim to achieve community wellness for the individuals and families we serve. Premium Health prioritizes a collaborative care approach and utilizes evidence-based treatment, thus achieving improved patient care and superior outcomes.
Our goal is to ensure the culture of the office and each patient experience meets our Standards of CARE: Compassion, Agility, Respect, and Excellence.
As an EHR ImplementationSpecialist, you will be responsible for the implementation, optimization, and maintenance of our electronic health records system and integration with other systems in our ecosystem. You will play a crucial role in ensuring the accuracy, efficiency, and security of our EHR system, promoting the highest standards of patient care, and facilitating seamless information flow across our ecosystem.
Join our team as an EHR Implementation and IntegrationSpecialist, and leverage your expertise in leading the implementation process, analyzing current workflows, developing project plans, coordinating vendor selection, designing system specifications, managing testing and troubleshooting, ensuring compliance with industry standards, and maintaining system stability and documentation.
EHR System Implementation and Optimization:
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to implement enhancements, updates, and workflow modifications to maximize the benefits of the EHR system and enhance data accuracy, efficiency, and outcomes.
· Configure system settings, establish user access privileges, and develop standardized workflows.
· Continuously evaluate and improve the EHR system's functionality and usability by staying updated on industry trends, regulatory requirements, and user feedback.
· Analyze existing clinical and administrative workflows to identify opportunities for streamlining processes and improving efficiency using the EHR system.
Training and User Support:
· Conduct comprehensive training sessions for staff members on EHR system functionality, best practices, and data entry protocols.
· Provide ongoing support and troubleshooting assistance to address user issues, ensuring efficient and effective system utilization.
· Participate in change management activities to support the adoption and effective use of the system.
· DataIntegration and Interface Development:
· Collaborate with IT professionals and vendors to integrate the EHR system with other clinical systems and external interfaces.
· Design and develop interfaces that enable seamless data exchange between the EHR system and other systems, ensuring data integrity and consistency.
· Map data elements from different systems, ensuring accurate mapping and transformation to maintain data accuracy and compatibility.
Testing, Troubleshooting, and Compliance:
· Conduct thorough testing of integrated systems, identifying and resolving integration issues or data discrepancies.
· Ensure compliance with industry standards, such as HL7, FHIR, or other interoperability frameworks, to facilitate seamless data exchange.
· SystemMaintenance and Documentation:
· Monitor system performance, identify technical issues, and liaise with IT personnel and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve problems promptly.
· Conduct regular system updates and maintenance tasks to ensure system stability, data integrity, and user satisfaction.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation related to EHR system configurations, user manuals, policies, and procedures.
· 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
· Exempt from over-time
· Bachelor's degree in Health Informatics, HealthInformation Management, Nursing, or a related field. Relevant certifications and additional training in EHR systems are preferred.
· 5+ years experience with Information technology application development, training, and implementation in a healthcare setting
· Proven experience working with EHR systems in a healthcare setting, including implementation, training, and system optimization. Experience with eClinicalWorks and EPIC preferred.
· In-depth knowledge of EHR systems, their functionalities, and relevant regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA, HiTRUST, etc.
· Demonstrated knowledge of interoperability standards such as HL7, FHIR, and CCD/CDA
· Strong analytical skills with proven ability to assess workflows and identify areas for improvement.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders, including healthcare professionals, administrators, IT personnel, and vendors.
· Detail-oriented mindset with a focus on data accuracy, privacy, and security.
· Strong problem-solving abilities and the capacity to troubleshoot technical issues effectively.
· Strong project management skills with a track record of successfully leading or participating in EHR implementation or integration projects, coordinating stakeholders, managing timelines, and ensuring successful implementations
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Familiarity with healthcare industry best practices and emerging trends and developments related to EHR systems and health information management.
· Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision plans, Retirement plans
· Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)